ESADE Alumni organizes the1st ESADE Alumni Real Estate Innovation Challenge. f you have a project in mind or have always wanted to innovate within the real estate sector, this is your chance to make it happen!
The winner will be the participant whose proposal solves a significant challenge in the property market.
We are looking for projects that propose a prototype or minimum viable product (MVP) including a detailed description and a financial plan outlining the investment needed to bring it to fruition
Following, the bases to establish the rules of participation:
Entries will be evaluated in the following stages:
1. Submission of project
2. Analysis and selection of short-listed entries
3. Project presentation breakfast
4. Panel of judges and choice of winner
Submission of project
To take part, participants must send a presentation in ppt or pdf with no more than 10 slides to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following sections:
1. Challenge to be solved: details of the real estate challenge identified.
2. Solution: details of the solution for the challenge outlined in point 1.
3. MVP: details of how a pilot or MVP could be implemented to check the effectiveness of the solution and suitability for the market. By definition, an MVP must be sufficient to understand the proposal and its functionalities but minimise the use of resources.
4. MVP cost structure: list of costs involved in implementing a pilot test or MVP to test the proposed solution in a real-life setting, bearing in mind that the costs must be as low as possible.
5. Market feasibility: answer to the question: Does the proposed solution create an opportunity that could become a business model? (Evaluate the mid-term feasibility of this proposal in the market).
6. Team info: basic information about each team member.
Proposals must be submitted no later than 23:59 (Spanish time) on December 10th 2018.
Participants may submit as many entries as they like providing they are all completely different, at any time before the specified deadline. Projects may be submitted in Spanish or English.
By registering for the challenge, participants declare that they accept and comply with the terms and conditions.
Analysis of entries and selection of short list
The reception of each project is the start of the preliminary analysis of the proposals received by the ESADE BAN team. This analysis will focus mainly on the degree of innovation, proposed solution, business model, growth potential and compliance with the challenge terms and conditions.
Project presentation breakfast
The participants whose projects are shortlisted will be invited to give a presentation pitch to a panel of experts including investors, directors of companies in the property market and representatives of ESADE BAN and ESADE Alumni.
The project presentation breakfast will take place at ESADE (Av. Pedralbes 60) on January 15th 2019.
Panel and choice of winner
The panel will consist of leading figures from the business, entrepreneurial and academic world:
- Miguel Montes
- Enrique Martinez Laguna
- Eduard Mendiluce
- Oscar Vayreda
- Carmina Ganyet
- Pere Mayol
- Fernando Zallo
- Xavier Sanchez
This panel will choose the winner from the short list. The winner will receive a cash prize of €6,000 to finance the pilot or MVP and in addition, one of the companies of the club board undertakes to incubate the project or allow the pilot to be developed inside its structure.
The panel reserves the right to declare the challenge void. The panel’s decision will be final.
Don’t miss this chance to take part!